5.17.2006

Rock 'n Roll

As promised:

One of my favorite little tricks, The Rock and Roll technique is a lot of fun. To more clearly illustrate what I will be talking about, I scanned my stamped roses early on in the process of making this card:



See how these yellow roses have coral edges? That's what the Rock and Roll will do! How does one do this? It's so simple--you simply ink up your stamp in a light color and "rock" and "roll" the edges of it around an ink pad of a darker shade or color!

And here's the finished effect:



Copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990-2006

You can view the card and see the supplies I used here, at my gallery: Rockin' Roses.

And that's all there is to it! I love how it makes the flowers look more uniform with a little bit of Coral running throughout. It's also fun to do this technique on the leaves with a darker shade of green. Many times, I'll fake this technique with markers, especially when I'm just using markers to color my image. See this card, for example: Art of Life; Blue Flower.

Once again, I did use Masking with this Roses in Winter card. I think it helps make this stamp set look less "messy" and random. I also added a little Sponging to fill some of the white spaces as well, using more Celery and some Saffron, too.

Special thanks to this wonderful site for help in the selection of these lovely colors: SU! Color Combos. They have been a big help to me when I've been stuck in a rut and keep going back to the same old, same old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole! This card is sooo beautiful!! I love it. I have been meaning to try the rock and roll technique. Whenever I see it on cards it always looks fabulous. Definitely the next technique I'm going try. Hope you had a nice mother's day!

Nicole Seitler said...

Thanks, Tracy! :D