5.03.2006

Dazzling Diamond Dust

This week's super-fun Splitcoaststampers' Technique Lover's Challenge was "Dazzling Diamond Dust." Just what is that you ask? Well, I'll explain. Here's how I made the following card:



Copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990-2006

View the card and see the supplies I used here, at my gallery: Diamond Dust.

To understand exactly what I did here, you'll need to see a bit of a close up shot of the main image:



Glitter is a very difficult thing to capture on a scan! But you might be able to tell from this zoomed-in shot that the entire square has been covered in sparkles. How did I do this? Well, it's very similar to how I did the Cracked Glass technique: you coat your image in VersaMark and sprinkle embossing powder all over the surface. But it's the type of embossing powder I used here that makes all the difference. It's called "Iridescent Ice." Basically, it's a sparkly, glitter-filled, hologram sort of powder. It makes my image look like I spent a lot of time covering it with glue and glitter when I didn't.

And that's all there is to it!

This little card also uses a lot of other techniques I've talked about recently. The flower was Masked, the images where then Faux Watercolored, and the little strip of blue cardstock was Double Crimped. Looks like I might be stuck in a rut! Ha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous. I have to get some Iridescent Ice!! I love the colors and I love how you did the strip of blue. I'm going to click on the double crimping link because the technique looks great. Tracy

Alohi said...

cool... i'm always looking for stampin help, sometimes i think i just don't got it, i'll have to keep your blog in my favorites!