Copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990-2006
View the card and see the supplies I used here, at my gallery: Sagely Thoughts.
I had heard of this technique years ago, but for some reason, never gave it a go, even back in the days when all I had to play with where my six ink pads and my Stampin' Pastels! Ha! I love to use the Poppin' Pastels technique, but for some reason, I had never tried it in reverse until the other night. Here's how my experiement went:
First, I took a dark piece of Hunter cardstock. I covered it with several layers of light green, olive green and yellow pastels. I even picked up my pastels and dragged them across the surface of my cardstock. This really loaded up my paper with chalk! Next, I inked up my leaf image with VersaMark ink and stamped it onto the pastels.
Now, I'm not so sure if I did this correctly because to me it looked more like the VersaMark soaked into and behind the pastels. It only pulled a little bit off the cardstock. But it still worked! I took a blender pen to those spots where chalk started to reappear after the VersaMark dried. And then I decided to add a final touch with a little doodling with a Hunter marker.
Certainly an interesting technique. If you've tried this yourself, please post and let me know if I did in fact do something wrong here. I'd like to know! I know I have a lot yet to learn in my adventures in stamping. Ha!