8.08.2006

Happy Anniversary!

It's been one year today since I uploaded my first card to my Inkblots Gallery. Here is that card:



Copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990-2006

View the card and see the supplies I used here, at my gallery: Stippled Shells.

I had created this card for a Demonstrator-Only contest...but I didn't win. Oh, well. I can see now how the overall design of my card is a little plain, but I loved my seashells in their little hand-sewn box! Of course, you usually love the things you make and you rarely see their flaws. Love can be blind! Ha!

I was proud of the technique I came up with to color in these seashells. Each one was stamped in VersaMark on colored cardstock and then embossed with a clear powder. Then the interior of each shell was bleached out. After the bleach dried, I went back with markers and ink to watercolor each shell in an attempt to make it look more realistic. Up close and in person, they were so beautiful.

Sigh. I miss them. Good thing I can make more if I want to. Ha! Besides, I'll always have this image to look at, right?

Anyway, Happy One Year Anniversary to me! It's been a blast.

2 comments:

scoopy (Emily) said...

Happy Anniversary! Love your sea shells card!

Godelieve said...

Really gorgeous card!!!