5.31.2006

Tri-Fold Card

I tried a funky new (to me) card layout today thanks to Splitcoast:



Copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990-2006

View the card and see the supplies I used here, at my gallery: Tri-Fold Card.

It's called a Tri-Fold card, and here's how you do it:

Take a strip of cardstock and fold it as you would to make a typical card. I used a 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" sheet, which when folded in half makes your basic 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card. I then scored it (which makes a crease that helps you make a perfect fold) 2 1/8" (because it was half of 4 1/4"). It was as simple as that!

If all those numbers confuse you, just think of it as a card you "fold, and fold again."

I then stamped a sheet of cardstock that was 5 1/4" x 4" with Craft (pigment) ink. After it dried, I simply cut my shimery cardstock down the middle (making each half 2" each) and then centered it and adhered it to my card. Here is a scan of the card that shows more of it's true colors...and what it looks like when it's closed:


It's a fun little layout. I like the look! I hope you enjoy trying it for yourself. Happy stamping!

6 comments:

Laura said...

This looks great. Such an easy idea but it looks elaborate.

Tracy said...

This is so cool looking! I love the idea of writing a little note on the inside on solid color with the design next to it. Very nice.

amanda joy said...

this is awesome!!!!

Shauna said...

Cool card! Julie Ebersole introduced me to the tri-fold card last Fall and I love the versatility of it!

Nicole said...

Julie ROCKS! ;)

bettybetty said...

Love it,gonna try it right now
I love that set!
Can't give up using it even though it's retired
Thanks for the inspiration