4.03.2006

Double Crimped

A fun little distressing tool I picked up somewhere in my stamping travels is what I call Double Crimping. A paper crimper is a tool for your stamping tool box that makes corrugated paper for you (see here, for example: Along the Shore).

If you were to run your cardstock through a crimper twice in opposite directions (horizontally and vertically), you would get the following look:



Copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990-2006

View the card and see the supplies I used here, at my gallery: Double Crimped.

Usually, what I'll do is run my cardstock through my crimper four to six times, alternating the direction each time. It makes my paper soft and flexible, too. I will often crumple it up in my hand for even more of a distressed look. And you may notice here that I also applied some yellow ink directly to the raised ridges of my background cardstock to highlight the texture even more.

I've also used this technique on vellum cardstock with lovely results (see this card, for example: Stippled Shells.)

I just love the feel of my own "handmade paper!" I hope you find this idea to be a helpful trick in your tool box as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! I love it! Both of the cards are absolutely gorgeous. I love that technique! I'm gonna have to play around with that! I've been itching to spend some more time experimenting with my own stamp stuff, especially since I don't have a lot of stuff going on this month and have more time at home. :)