2.27.2006

Wheeling Around

Stampin' Up! carries the cutest Rollagraph wheels with their own unique images on them. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, here is a picture of my Stampin' Around wheel, handle and ink cartridge:



The idea behind this little contraption is that you can make a never-ending pattern of stamped images with your self-inking wheel. You can probably already imagine the possibilities: Make your own gift wrap. Stamp your own tissue paper. Create your own 12 x 12 backgrounds for scrapbook pages. Ah! So much fun...

So today I thought I'd show you a card done in the most "basic" style:



Copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990-2006

View the card and see the supplies I used here, at my gallery: Celebrate You!

This is an extremely easy card to reproduce. All you need is the equipment in the photo above, some cardstock and a greeting stamp. As you can see, I laid down four and a half lines of presents. Roll, roll, roll, roll, roll--it was that easy! Smack a greeting on the front, add two brads for more interest and you're done! Wow...

Usually I like to stamp with the same color ink on the same color cardstock, but here I used a shade of purple that was just a little bit darker than the paper. I wanted the pattern to stand out a little, but not be too distracting either.

I love how this card turned out, especially for how simple it is. It was one of my first cards, so maybe that's why I love it so much. It's been in my sample basket for all most three years now. Ha! Can't let it go, can I?

Stay tuned for more installments on "What You Can do With Wheels!" This is only the beginning...

No comments: