(This card is for sale on Etsy. You can also see a photograph of the card with the flowers nice and "popped out" over there.)
Open your catalog and turn to page 172. You will see my take on Stampin' Up!'s card. Hey, who needs the "In Colors?" Not (too poor to afford them) little 'ol me! Ha!
So here's how I faked my own:
I noticed the new Thyme color had more of a yellow tone in it then my Artichoke did. So I took some Summer Sun Craft ink and distressed my strip of cardstock. Then I sponged some Artichoke Classic ink onto my Sahara card front. I thought that these little tricks pulled the card together and made it more cohesive.
I used a push pin and my Coluzzle mat to poke holes for stems down the face of the card. And I used some linen thread to stitch up the stems (which I think looks better than the original thread). Then I added two spunky flowers, which in person look more Marigold than they do here in my scan. Sometimes it's so hard to actuately capture colors!
For the little strip of cardstock that was supposed to be Buckaroo Blue, I used Brocade instead. But that wasn't close enough, so I ran some Not Quie Navy Craft ink over it until suddenly I had NQN cardstock instead. Ha! Oops. But I liked it. A touch of Vanilla Craft ink over top finished it off. And then a circle of Baroque Burgundy cardstock stamped with Bravo Burgundy ink and I was done.
I just love it! Ah! The joys of stamping...