Copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990-2005
View and comment here, at my gallery: Flower Vases.
This card was copied directly from one that Stampin' Up! designed. I liked the look of this card and thought the background was cute. This image is actually a row of several vases (click here to see what the full image looks like). To separate each vase from the one next to it (with out cutting apart my stamp), I used a Lilac marker. I picked the image I wanted and colored only that vase. Then I stamped it randomly on my cardstock. After stamping with that image a few more times, I then cleaned my stamp and tapped it dry on scratch paper (otherwise, reside ink or water would cause the other images to show up very lightly, ruining the card!). I picked another vase, colored it and started the process over again.
This particular card took me a while (plus, I made two at the same time). But I like the end result. A few more things to note: The three vases in the middle of the card were made with the same technique. And the metal edged tag was run through my crimper to achieve the rippled effect on the sides. I liked that idea! It's fun.
I have a few cards more in my collection that were made with some fun marker techniques. I'll dig them up and post them over the next few days for you to enjoy.