5.06.2005

Spotlighting

One of my most popular cards posted on Splitcoast is this purple Toile Blossoms card.



Copyright Stampin' Up!® 1990-2005


You can view and comment on the card here, at my gallery: Toile Blossoms Purple.

The technique I used to make this card is called Spotlighting. I taught this technique at a "Stamp Camp" I had last Spring. I used a large butterfly stamp instead. The card was a hit! Apparently, this card is, too.

Here's how you can do it:

First, stamp on your cardstock in an ink color that is darker than your paper. I used an Eggplant color on an Orchid cardstock. Then, stamp on a tag in a water fast black ink ("water fast" means it won't run when you watercolor it). Color in your image and then align your tag with the image you stamped directly onto the cardstock. Voila! You are done. Easy, huh?

I have received several comments on my water coloring abilities. I will have to make a future post on what my secrets are--they are nothing new!

No comments: